Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy New Year

I watched Happy New Year on the day of its release. It was all that I expected minus long overly emotional scenes. My expectations were based on previous Farah Khan movies such as Main Hoon Naa and Om Shanti Om. While these movies were high on entertainment value, they also had some scenes which seemed stretched. This was, thankfully, absent from Happy New Year. There was an attempt to provide emotional underpinning to overall heist plan and also loose patriotism at the end but it did not affect the pace of the movie. Actors were good. Or rather they fit their characters very nicely. There were more than its fair share of songs and dances. Story was normal but then one should not expect original story. There were some loose ends but then again one should judge a movie based on what is expected of it. Bullet points summarizing my experience:

  • I don't regret watching it paying full price 
  • I don't regret spending 3 hrs of my time watching it  

No comments: